this is such a yummy salad. similar to panzanella salad but it’s easier to throw together. i love how fresh and light it is. you could use mozzarella but i had ricotta in my fridge. you could add bell peppers, olives or anything else that floats your boat.
- 1 loaf of bread (you can use any kind but i really love to use rosemary focaccia in this salad)
- 4-6 tomatos
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- fresh basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
seasoning mix ingredients:
- seasoned salt
- garlic powder
- tiny bit of cayenne pepper
here are the steps:
- cut the bread into small pieces (like croutons) i like to place a cutting board over a dish towel so that the crumbs can be easily picked up and thrown away.
- coat with bread cubes with olive oil and the seasoning mix i described above.
- bake in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- dice the tomatoes and toss with the toasted bread cubes.
- slice some fresh basil, mince some garlic and toss with the bread and tomatoes.
- drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar over the top of the salad and top with a spoonful of ricotta.
i used this dish as a side but i ended up going back for seconds. it was so fresh and delicious. it will definitely be on my list of fave sides!