my household can’t be without at least one jar of pickled jalapeños in the refrigerator. my husband puts jalapeños on everything. since he eats them so much, we decided it would be fun to make our own. this recipe fills 2 – 8 oz. jars. we cruised some blogs and websites for advice but these are the ingredients we ended up using…
- about 4 cups of sliced jalapeños (enough to fill the jars)
- 1/2 cup of sliced carrots (optional)
- 1/2 cup of white vinegar
- 2 halved garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon whole mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 oz patron tequilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
here are the steps:
- slice the jalapeños, garlic and carrots and fill the jars.
- pour the water, tequila and both vinegars into a small sauce pan with the mustard seed, red pepper and salt and bring to a boil.
- once the mixture has reached a boil, pour over the jalapeños in the jar.
- let the jars and mixture cool down to room temperature and then cover with lids and put in the fridge.
- refrigerate for at least 3 days. the jalapeños should last several weeks in the fridge.