i love anything in a crock pot. i don’t cook a ton with pork so i thought I’d try my hand at some pulled pork and of course it has to be spicy. having something that lasts throughout the week is so helpful to be able to make a quick sandwich for lunch or after a long day.
- 4 1/2lb pork shoulder or pork butt
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon season salt
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 cups of bbq sauce of choice (I chose franklin bbq sauce- a local austin fave)
- place pork and onion in slow cooker and set it to low for 6-8 hours.
- add all sauces and seasonings into a bowl and mix together.
- pour the bowl of seasonings and sauce over the pork and let it cook.
- after 6-8 hours, try shredding the pork to see if it is tender enough. if not, keep cooking.
- toast some hamburger buns or other bread of choice and serve with the shredded pork and a dollop of cole slaw for a yummy, crisp crunch.