This has to be one of the easiest and yummiest soups I’ve ever made. It’s super quick and you will most likely have all of the ingredients already in your pantry! This was perfect for a hearty but also very light meal.
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste (optional)
- 1 can of corn, drained
- 1 can pinto beans, washed and drained
- 1 can of chili beans, washed and drained
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 can stewed tomatoes
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 cup of water
- sour cream for topping
- shredded cheese for topping
- tortilla chips for topping
- add oil and brown 1 lb of ground sirloin in a large dutch oven. this one is my favorite dutch oven and is what I used for this soup.
- drain oil and fat from the dutch oven, add taco seasoning, cayenne pepper & mix thoroughly. I added tomato paste here because it adds a rich color and taste. continue to cook on medium-high heat.
- add the stewed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, water, corn, pinto beans & chili beans.
- bring the soup to a boil and then let it simmer for 20 minutes.
- top with sour cream, cheese and crushed tortilla chips. we topped with hatch green chile tortilla chips and it was delicious!