this is one of my favorite things to make for a get-together or a mid-week slum. it is super easy and really tasty. you can serve it with crackers or sliced toasted baguette.
- one carton of champagne or cherry tomatoes, quartered.
- 1/2 cup of EVOO (I use Tunisian olive oil).
- 2-3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar.
- 1 clove minced garlic.
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt.
- fresh cracked black pepper.
- slice and quarter the tomatoes and add to a serving bowl. add the minced garlic, garlic salt and pepper.
- pour in olive oil. add more or less to your liking.
- add basil. (roll the basil leaves up and slice).
- top with drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
- serve with toasted sliced bread like a baguette or crackers.
variations: you can add a dollop of fresh pesto or parmesan cheese.
so easy, right? sometimes I put a spoonful or two of this on top of toasted French bread then pop it in the oven for a few more minutes to crisp up. yum! enjoy!