these are some items that have caught my eye. i like to spend time thinking about items so that i can see how many outfits i can make with the item before i buy them. then i can tell if they are really worth the purchase.
1. stan smith sneakers by adidas/ nordstrom. consider pairing them with some ripped jean shorts like these from urban outfitters and a top like this from urban outfitters. or pair it with a cute chambray romper from anthropologie.
3. hourglass ambient lighting palette/ nordstrom. the hourglass lady at Nordstrom gave me a little makeover recently and i was shocked how much i loved this illuminating powder. need to get this!
i don’t like to wear heavy makeup because it makes my skin oily so i prefer to do a light dusting of some shimmery powder in the morning before i head out. i use the incandescent electra blush by hourglass everyday.
i really love this stuff! the hourglass lady said it was basically “an instagram filter for your face.” love it!
4. courtly checked enamel serving platter/ mackenzie childs. love this line and this is a super versatile piece! serve everything from veggies off the grill to tea sandwiches on this cute platter.
5. razzle dazzle champagne flutes/ abigails. these are gorgeous! one of my best friends and her parents gave us some champagne glasses from abigails and it sparked my love for the site! what beautiful stemware. i need to add these to my collection!
6. anything by nak armstrong/ nak armstrong. anytime I see a piece from this local Austin jeweler, my eyeballs pretty much pop out of my face. gorgeous, raw jewelry.
7. fringe pippi naked suede pumps by joie/ neiman marcus. how cute would these be with some bright nail polish like one of these new colors by Essie? super versatile color but also very different and unique with the pop of fringe.
8. yves saint laurent glossy stain, neiman marcus. i use this lip stain in several colors all of the time. its easy to apply, lasts a long time and the colors are wonderful. i wore this lipstick on my wedding day and also wear it to the beach. its super easy, long lasting, plus it’s in a pretty bottle! touch up with a little sparkly gloss for a perfect pout! totally worth the money. i need more colors!
9. alaia short beach dress/ shop bop. i love love love this bright coverup and they have it in several colors.
10. franklin barbecue: a meat-smoking manifesto/ amazon. i can’t wait to get my hands on this book. as an austin-born lover of bbq, i’ve spent hours in line at franklin waiting to get my hands on some of the best meat in the world.
do you have any items that you are considering? hope i can get my hands on some of the items above!